A beautiful struggle with ONE's self

Tuesday, December 27, 2005

We Need A Resolution

It will be 2006 in only a matter days and 2005 will be no more. 2005 has been an unforgettable year, thanks to the likes of:

Hurricane Katrina

Kanye West's famous rant

The emergence of Noah's Arc

Mariah's Comeback

Karrine "Superhead" Steffans

Hip Hop Is Dead- Shake That Laffy Taffy
Candy Shop
Hoe Sit Down
Mike Jones, Mike Jones, Mike Jones

Horrible Television- Being Bobby Brown (Crack is wack)
Ultimate Hustler

Award Shows- VMA's, Vibe, all those bitches


Good Television-Series Finale of Six Feet Under

I'm Locked Up- Lil Kim and Cassidy

Fresh to Deaf- Foxxy Brown

You'll Never Find a HairLine Like Mine- Mary J. Blige

Mr. Whoop That Trick Terrence Howard- I see an Oscar coming

December 15, marked the 1 year anniversary of my graduation from college and I have yet to do anything with my hard earned degree. I still work at the same job performing the same ol 2 step, all this shit is about to STOP. I am not big on making New Year's resolutions, because my attitude is always same-shit-different-year, but I'm trying to be optimistic this year.

  • Get an apartment
  • Get my master's
  • Get my driver's license (sad I know)
  • Branch out of my comfort zone
  • Focus on me, me, me ,me
  • Grow my hair back out
  • Get a new job
  • Get some culture
  • Get my mind right
  • Offer my services to the community
  • Travel more
  • GET MY SHIT TOGETHER!

I don't think those are unrealistic resolutions, but I guess we will see what happens.
What's your New Year's Resolution?

4 Comments:

Blogger Clay said...

im one of those that dont believe in new year's resolution ... i think i have new month resolutions!

Tuesday, December 27, 2005

 
Blogger That Dude Right There said...

You reminded me to do my resolutions. Thanks.

And yours don't seem unrealistic. Those are actually attainable.

Tuesday, December 27, 2005

 
Blogger admin said...

Good resolutions for the new year. I'm going to do mine soon.

Hang in there with the career situation. It takes time. I know. Keep looking.

And as for the master's, now is the time to start studying for those standardized tests (GRE, GMAT), if you haven't already done so.

Thursday, December 29, 2005

 
Blogger N4R said...

You don't feel bad I didn't get my license until I was 23. Mind you I live in CT and everyone gets theirs at 16. Long and behold I didn't. Shit my mother never had a car what the fuck was going to drive a city bus?

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home