A beautiful struggle with ONE's self

Monday, December 05, 2005

Breathe Me

Music- Breathe Me by Sia

I typically use this post to rant and complain and to just voice my opinion. I was looking back at a few of my original post and was surprised and disappointed at how negative they were. I realized that I complain ....a lot even sometimes, and some people can view that as negativity.

I pride myself on being optimistic and positive, but to be honest I get tired of hearing myself complain about things I can not control. When you think about it, are we even in control of our lives? We can make all the plans we want, but plans can fall through. I would like to believe everything happens for a reason, everyone has their own destiny and fate. My mom still says to this day, "Life is what you make it." Life is all about risks and taking chances, but I think I'm just afraid of failing and falling flat on my face. When your young, your taught that life is suppose to be about fun and exploring. But what happens when you are a grown ass man? You become cautious and learn that you can fail, and life becomes less fun and more scary, but to be honest I'm tired of being scared, I'm tired of treading the water, I'm ready to jump in head first and just simply LIVE.

We are human, we make mistakes. Mistakes are what make us who we are, they shape our fate and lives. I realized that is the reason I am probably single and I hate my job, because I don't take enough chances or allow myself to try something new without the fear of making mistakes. Its so easy and convenient to sit back and complain, and never really take action. I realize now that if I live my life on the same path that I am on now, I will never take a chance on love or life. If you think about it, if we never got off the same straight and narrow path, we wouldn't be able to enjoy life to the fullest, fall in love, or maybe even become the people we are today. So with that said, let the games begin.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

self-reflection & realization is such a powerful thing, such an agent of change too - I always respect that.

Monday, December 05, 2005

 

Post a Comment

<< Home