A beautiful struggle with ONE's self

Sunday, November 06, 2005

Coulda, Woulda, Shoulda

Being young and single is suppose to be a time of self discovery, a time of a fun, a time to catch up with old buddies at the VD clinic. Being single has become a headache and just a showcase for me to prove how can I embarrass myself once again.

It's Friday night in St.Louis, what are you going to do? Well you can either go to one of the 10 clubs in the whole city, go to the Eastside and watch strippers with cigarette burns flaunt there overworked coochies, go to the movies, go to dinner, or stay home. I chose to stay home , partly because I'm tired of seeing the same faces everywhere I go and I'm broke of course. So I'm settled in, got my Chinese food and Will and Grace, I'm all set.

It's around 10:30 p.m. when my cell starts ringing, I look at the area code and notice a 973 area code, it's Nas, my first love. first kinda-sorta-boyfriend, first of the first. Nas had a new dude now, but we still remained friends.We had been talking on and off throughout the week, so the call should not have surprised me, but it did. I hesistantly answered the phone. We did our usual formalities, "Whaddup", "I'm Aight", etc. Nas asks me, "What are u doing tonite?" Me being my cool self, starts blabbing and nutting up, not wanting to admit I was being a lame and staying at home.. I get up off the bed, feeling antsy, as I walk towards my dresser, I trip over my big ass Timberland boot and drop the phone. I try to play it off unsuccessfully and sit my ass back down on the bed. Then we start talking about me moving to N.Y, I pick up my remote control and start twirling it up and down, as I tell him about my job search. I'm in mid-sentence and mid twirl as my remote control bashes my right eye and somehow scratches me. By this point Nas is wrapping the convo up and telling me he would call me once he got home. It's Sunday, my eye hurts, and I have yet to hear from him.

He made me nervous, do u think he noticed?

1 Comments:

Blogger That Dude Right There said...

Yep, he noticed. Ex-boyfriends notice everything that you do even if it is over the phone.

Sunday, November 06, 2005

 

Post a Comment

<< Home