A beautiful struggle with ONE's self

Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Kanye West Doesn't Care About Gay People?


Everyone should be familiar with the television gay network LOGO. Tonight is the premiere of the all black cast comedy-drama Noah's Arc. Apparently Def Jam doesn't want to release Kanye's music to the show, for fear of being associated with gay programming.

Patrick-Ian Polk the director of Noah's Arc

"Apparently, Polk tried to clear Kanye West's music and "got flat out rejected by the label," the director said in a statement. "I'm a fair person, I get that and a lot of times these requests and things don't make it to the artists. But he needs to check his people because that's not cool. The black gay community, and even the white gay community, are big Hip-Hop fans, so they're missing out on a big market by being short-sighted."

I would think that Kanye West would be the last to turn his back against gay people, especially after his MTV interview.

"When I was in high school I got called 'fag' a lot because of the way I walked and other little things," West told MTV's Sway during the interview. "And what happened was, it made me kinda homophobic, cause it's like I would go back and question myself, my own feelings.
The Louis Vutton Don later added that after discovering that his cousin was gay, "it was kinda of like a turning point when I was like, 'Yo, this is my cousin. I love him and I've been discriminating against gays.' Not just in Hip-Hop. Not just Hip-Hop, but America just discriminates. And I wanna just get on TV and tell my rappers, tell my friends, 'Yo, stop it."

If Mr.West is aware of the opportunity that was presented to the Def Jam label, and is aware of their decision, than that would make him an hypocrite, so let's hope he had nothing to do with this decision.

If so what's a metrosexual, tight jacket wearing, puffy-cheeked chipmunk to do?



I was going a different route with this post in its previous version, but something didn't feel right about it. Needless to say....


I Love U Kanye!

4 Comments:

Blogger ShawnQt said...

I READ THE ARTICLE, AND YOUR MISSING A KEY POINT IN THE INTERVIEW. THEY SAID THE RECORD LABEL REFUSED, NOT KANYE PERSONALLY. HE ALSO SAID THAT KANYE SHOULD HAVE KNOWN MORE ABOUT THE REQUEST ABOUT THE MUSIC. IF HE DID DECLINE, HEY, IT'S HIS BUSINESS... HE ALSO HAS TO PROTECT HIS IMAGE, HE'S NOT GOING TO BASE HIS CAREER CATERING TO GAYS. I STILL COMMEND HIM FOR SPEAKING UP WHEN HE DID.

Thursday, October 20, 2005

 
Blogger K Kaos said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Thursday, October 20, 2005

 
Blogger Clay said...

yeah true the label refused -- and even if Kanye refused i dont really think that means he is against gays. his public comment during promotion for the crucial second album was enough -he doesnt have to be a gay activist now. also, Noah's Arc isn't exactly the all mighty representation of black gay people. I know gay folks who didnt like the show .... good post!

Friday, October 21, 2005

 
Blogger K Kaos said...

Yea I agree with u Cane, just because Kanye is against homophobia doesn't mean has to become the poster boy for it. This post was written before I actually watched Noah's Arc, and I don't think its the best representation of gays either. It comes off very sterotypical on some levels, but it was good entertainment overall.n

Friday, October 21, 2005

 

Post a Comment

<< Home