A beautiful struggle with ONE's self

Monday, October 10, 2005

Hip-Hop: State Of Emergency (UPDATED)

When did you fall in love with Hip Hop?

When u heard Lil Jon yell,"Aww Skeet Skeet Skeet,"?

When u heard Dem Franchize Boyz say,"I slang in my White Tee, I bang in my white tee."?

When u heard Project trade insults with LaChat? "Bald headed scally-wag, ain't got no hair in the back"...classic

When u heard how Icy Gucci Mane was?

When u heard how gangsta Camron was? "I'll leave you wholy holy. You'll say Holy Moly."


The radio and music has been an outlet for bullshit on top of bullshit. I don't even know how some of this shit makes it on the radio. I'm not a hardcore Hip Hop head or anything, but some stuff I just have be like "Yo Are U Serious??!" I remember seeing Kanye Freestyle on Wild n Out.....horrible..are u only a rapper with ur pen,paper and backpack? The whole Hip Hop world is just really annoying and corny right now. Recycled beat after recycled beat....I don't know how many more versions of the same song I can stomach...thank u Scott Storch and Lil' Jon.

Camron is one of the most full of shit rappers out in my opinion. A tight beat, timbs, and a wave cap (bald headed ass), don't give you street cred or make u a rapper. Take this verse from the song Get Em Girl from the Purple Haze Album:

"My team is the "Goonies" we where seen with buffonies,
Toonies, best dressed, stay up in Nemis,
and Bloomies Want to hit it from the back, she agreed that I'm looney
But proceeded to moon me (I'm getting money nigga)
Baby, BS in honey do, Cam, Vs 1 and 2
I'll help you get your son out of P.S. 22
Get him a maury flow, from the maury show
Fuck around, y'all gonna be up on the Maury Show
He in bootcamp, you on food stamps
Welfare, no healthcare, a true tramp
And I'm lockey, lockey, leave you pokey, pokey
No Rice a Roni, that's the Okey, Dokey"

This shit is just plain dumb. When Dame Dummy Dash heard this, was he like "Yo this shit is hot!"

You know Hip Hop is in trouble when shit like this is being played on the radio, the hottest rapper right now calls himself the Snowman, Trina teams up with Webster Dictionary and names her new album The Glamourest Life, Jay-Z is retired, Lil Kim is in jail so we are left with 4 female rappers, Foxy, Trina, Eve, and Camron.



America This is Your Current State of Hip Hop

D4L- Shake That Laffy Taffy ...click song to listen

Maceo-Hoe Sit down...click song to listen


3 Comments:

Blogger Clay said...

good post - i could sure tell you when i fell out of love w. hip-hop

Friday, October 07, 2005

 
Blogger vampire in goleta said...

i can't even listen to the radio anymore. shit's getting ridiculous. and how the hell did trina misspell glamorous? i sincerely hope that her little wannabe followers don't misspell the word after getting her album- like i know some did with ludicrous and fabulous.

kristen
p.s.- how the hell do you put pics on this damn thing?

Monday, October 10, 2005

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol at being left with 4 female rappers...that's hilarious. *guffaws*

Wednesday, October 12, 2005

 

Post a Comment

<< Home