A beautiful struggle with ONE's self

Tuesday, September 13, 2005

A Little Birdie

Yesterday started off as a typical day at work. I had my monkey suit on, had a fresh haircut, fresh shave, and I was ready to get the day over with as soon as possible(I really love my job). To make matters worse the wicked witch of "The Hood" and the wicked witch of "The Suburbs" were both managing that night. So I'm standing there at work, working o so hard, checking my email on my phone, looking up occasionally to add a mark to my I- WOULD-FUCK-HIM list (I-WOULD-FUCK-HIM is just a game I play when I'm bored, basically just adding a mark everytime I see a hot guy I would fuck, gotta do something to pass the time, I could just do my job...............nah too easy).


Is it just me, or does having a crush on someone in the workplace, make the day go by so much faster? So I'm standing there and a little birdie comes up to me, and we are talking, and somehow we get on the subject of my crush. Maybe crush is the wrong word, I just think he has sex appeal. Now I'm not sure if he is gay or not, but I get a feeling he might be, he is just a tad bit too pretty and sometimes we lock eyes. Digression is my downfall ( I apologize), but a little birdie told me he gave his girlfriend a perm, this might be silly, but for a gay man like myself, this is a sign,. I noticed awhile back, his hair was a little straight with slight waves, I guess he O.D on the S.Curl Kit, because that shit hardly looks natural. Also I begin to notice his eyes, he wears contacts, the color ones (but nothing extreme or that noticeable), but then the little birdie also said he was wearing some light grey ones one day. As I'm taking all this in, my attraction for him is dwindling, fading, spiraling down like Ashanti's career, because he is sounding too much like Lil' Kim before she had the operations.

I am probably one of the most confused black gay males on the planet. I feel like I don't even know how to be gay, everything is still new to me, and I'm still learning the ropes. The whole D.L world really fascinates me and puzzles me at the same time. I still have not had a chance to read J.L King's book, but from what I hear a million other readers have, because he just bought a new house in Atlanta (Sausage City), go figure.


Maybe someone can help me out, how do u go about meeting another gay male in public?
What are the signs someone of the same sex is interested in you?
How can u spot these D.L brothas?



1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

sweetie i think the whole point of being dl is that no one CAN notice that you are gay...

but as a straight female i would like to think that i can 'spot' someone gay- but fa' real sometimes the gaydar ain't working so i do this, imagine that everyone around me is gay and then cross them off the list if they're not. hey it works, so use this and your problem is solved:)


if you are just exploring your sexuality DO NOT READ JL KING'S BOOK!!!! that shit is ridiculous- all his misconceptions made the damn thing nearly unreadable and i BARELY read it!!
i recommend Keith Boykin's 'Beyond The Down Low...'

good luck bruh, kristen

Thursday, September 15, 2005

 

Post a Comment

<< Home