A beautiful struggle with ONE's self

Friday, November 18, 2005

21 Questions...Well Almost

Today I went to the barbershop to get a fresh cut, my Thursday ritual. Today was like any other day, except it was cold as fugggg. I had to break out the parka. So I'm sitting in the chair, watching t.v, my eyes getting pretty heavy. I don't know what it is about getting a haircut that makes me so relaxed. As my eyes are getting heavy, I do one of those embarrassing hard ass nods, where your head snaps back really quick and wakes you up. I open my eyes abruptly and adjust them. Am I seeing correctly? Does one of the other barbers have on a pair of UGG boots. My eyes are not deceiving me, the barber is wearing a pair off UGG boots with a pair of slacks and one of those tacky, fake, silky, Versace circa 1993 shirts, and to top it off, it looked like he had just watered his Jheri curl, because that shit was looking extra juicy.All I could think of is WHY? Why would you do that, even worse why would you do that to my eyes? As he walked through out the small room of the barbershop, my mind just went into overdrive with a lot of unanswered questions.

  • Why was one of the barbers at the barbershop today wearing UGG boots? Not the real UGG boots, but the cheap imitation ones you can get from Walmart and Payless.
  • Why do I get my hair cut at the most ghetto shop in St.Louis, where it operates as a bar/club and barbershop simultaneously.
  • Why do people in St.Louis follow the dumbest trends? Ex. Beer bottle caps on the end of braids and cornrows.
  • While on ghetto ish, how do u spell "finna"? Finna as in - I'm finna go to the store. Is it fina or finna?
  • Why do black people call Chop Suey restaurants "The Chinamen"?
  • Why does there have to be a crackhead, alcoholic, prostitute etc. in every family? Stop fronting like ya'll don't at least have one.
  • Why in the winter time do white people wear everything but a coat? They will wear a hat, scarf, gloves, but no coat.
  • Why is my cousins' name Tanaka? Honest to GOD
  • Your girl don't like me? How long has she been gay?
  • Why is my dad so country, that he fries catfish in the kitchen wearing a leather jacket and hat?
  • Why are some people so cheap that all of their ketchup and mustard come from fast food restauraunts?
  • Why do some people pay more money for their car note than their house note?
  • Why do people get their own names tattooed on their body?
  • Why do people steal grocery carts from the supermarket?
  • How come people can memorize every line of the movie Friday, but can't memorize the Our Father?
  • Why do people get airbrushed shirts of family or friends that pass away? Ex. R.I.P Lil' Pooky.
  • Why does it seem like welfare recipients are always buying a birthday cake with their EBT card?
  • Serena WHY In the HELL would U do this?
I said it must be ya ASS cause it AIN'T yo Face!

4 Comments:

Blogger Waddie G. said...

Serena Williams needs to be shot by the fashion police. She always look a nasty drag queen.

Friday, November 18, 2005

 
Blogger Fresh said...

LOL at your list, especially Serena wearing her niece's outfit out the house with some ugg-ly boots in a warm climate, weave looking like rat's nest covered with a trucker hat? Who said THAT was stylish? And your dad-lawd! LOL! YOu MUST take a picture of the beer bottle caps with the braids...that some cruntrifried mess if I ever heard it.

Sunday, November 20, 2005

 
Blogger lj said...

I have not heard any one mention the "Chinaman" since I left St. Louis. Took me back.

Friday, December 02, 2005

 
Blogger admin said...

Hahahah. Your list is very funny. I hope your father didn't really do that.

Wednesday, December 14, 2005

 

Post a Comment

<< Home