A beautiful struggle with ONE's self

Thursday, December 08, 2005

Breakup To Makeups

Monday my best friend (click here) called to inform me that she and her boyfriend of a couple of months had broken up. Me. being the good friend I am, offered my support and a shoulder to cry on. Wednesday my best friend whom I will call L.J, came over and we talked about the breakup and what went wrong. L.J ask me did I think she invested too much too soon. For some reason, its always odd to me that my friends come to me for advice about dating and sex. For one, I have never really been in love, Secondly, I am not dating or seeing anyone at the moment, and Third, I'm not even having sex. Sometimes I wonder why my friends listen to my advice at all considering I don't have much experience in the relationship department. Not to toot my own horn, but I think I give pretty good advice just based on my common sense, so beep beep. I know me personally, I wouldn't take medical advice from a doctor with no credentials, so why take love advice from a person with no track record?

6 Comments:

Blogger That Dude Right There said...

People do it to me also. I think that they don't really listen to what you are saying. What they really want is for you to affirm their feelings. When you start to give the advice, you validate what they were already thinking.

Thursday, December 08, 2005

 
Blogger dugla said...

word? I've never been in love either! except with, ummm, myself. anyhow, i feel you on not taking the medical advice. but advice about relationships and sex? I don't know about u but those are instinct for me, baby. and coming from someone who has never been in love, not dating and not sexing... that advice is gonna be clear and free. BEEP

Thursday, December 08, 2005

 
Blogger dugla said...

is this the same best friend that shaded you a while ago?

Thursday, December 08, 2005

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hell no! b/c when my friends come to me for love advice al i do is sit there and go "what the fuck you askin me for?!?!" i have, like, no experience with love/relationships so its confusing that people come to me for help.

p.s.- ever try taking some of your own advice?

Friday, December 09, 2005

 
Blogger admin said...

Now that the bf is out of the picture, now you probably have the opportunity to spend more time with your best friend.

Wednesday, December 14, 2005

 
Blogger K Kaos said...

Yea I guess so Professorb. I am actually kinda happy they broke up, is that bad?

Thursday, December 15, 2005

 

Post a Comment

<< Home