A beautiful struggle with ONE's self

Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Malik 4 Maurice

Match.com, Blackvoices.com, and Yahoo Personals just to name a few are some of the leaders of the online dating trend, which seems to have grown even bigger over the past couple of years. I don't know if this assumption is correct or not, but just hypothetically speaking, online dating seems to be the number 1 way to meet other gay men. I don't think its the best way, but it certainly seems to be the most popular way of dating in the gay community.

I remember back in the day, you could find me on any given day in the Blackplanet Gay chatroom (Blackplanet use to be the shit in college).
In August of this year I started blogging thanks to a friend of mine, and I must say I have met a lot more genuine people on here, than any chatroom. I swear blogging is like the new Blackplanet. Last week, I was feeling pretty restless one night, so out of boredom and against my better judgment I created a Adam4Adam profile. I had a profile on there previously earlier this year, but the whole experience got kind of old, but when your bored, what can ya do?

This time when I created my profile, I also uploaded my picture, and I must say the response was not what I expected.
What a difference having a picture can make. A couple of days later (after they approved my picture) I begin to receive messages on a regular basis. The first few days it felt good to get emails that said I was attractive, cute, or whatever, but now I feel I'm right back where I started, and I'm bored and irritated with this so called online dating. Sometimes I have to seriously ask myself, DO GAY MEN DATE ANYMORE? I can't see myself just having sex with some random kat from the internet. Every email I get now, is either some guy with his ass cheeks spread who's profile reads, "Not into Games" followed by "Only looking for other DL Niggas" or emails from guys who have limited vocabulary who only know how to introduce themselves by short emails that simply read "Sup."

It's been almost 2 weeks since I have been on Adam4Adamn, and I have yet to find anyone I'm mutually interested in, its almost like t
rying to find a needle in a GAYSTACK. I guess I have to accept the fact that internet dating is not for me. I would much rather meet a dude on more normal terms anyway or just out and about by chance, IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK?

2 Comments:

Blogger That Dude Right There said...

It's not too much to ask. But I like the idea of online dating. It allows me to explore more of the person before I actually meet them. I can chat with them for hours, days, or weeks, without any kind of expectations.

Wednesday, December 21, 2005

 
Blogger K Kaos said...

Don't get me wrong, I dont hate internet dating, it can be fun, but so far its just blah.....I haven't given up though, im gonna give it another chance.

Wednesday, December 21, 2005

 

Post a Comment

<< Home