A beautiful struggle with ONE's self

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Track Star


Girls, Girls, Girls seems be my theme song this month, which is very weird considering I'm GAY. Last week, I was invited on a double date with a friend of mine, her fiancé, and their single friend Miranda. Did I fail to mention I'm not "out" to them or anyone else for that matter? I knew this was another attempt for someone to set my poor single self up on a date. I didn't want to be mean or rude, so I lied and said I was nursing my dog, who had the runs and was very ill. I'm usually a good liar (Is that a bad quality to have?...ehhh), but that was the first thing that came out of my mouth. I don't know if they believed me or not, alls I know is I didn't go on that double date.

Just when I thought had escaped one uncomfortable situation; I ended up knee deep in another one. Yesterday I went to the bank to make a deposit. All the tellers at the bank know me and I'm on a first name basis with them all. I talk to some of the tellers more often than others, one in particular, whom I shall call
Aphro. Aphro is a 30 something year old woman and mother of 1. She's from Jersey and we were talking about my upcoming trip to New York. I was asking her about cool places to go. The conversation was flowing as usual as she offered me a list of places to check out, everything was fine until she said the words that most men would love to hear, "Call Me." She said, "Call Me, so we can discuss more about New York." I then replied," Ummm....I will see you on Thursday, it's cool, we can just talk about New York then." Then I said, " I think my ride is here. They are going to be mad if they have to wait." I then, literally RAN (ran like a Zimbabwean in the Olympics) from the bank and went outside. My ride wasn't there yet of course, but I was relieved for the time being. Once my ride arrived and I got in the car, I thought to myself: What Am I Running From??

4 Comments:

Blogger brian. said...

hmmm... I think the hardest thing for a "good liar" to do is stop lying. I mean, nobody wants to quit something that they're good at.

My unsolicited advice: stop lying and you can give up the running.

Easier said than done, but telling the truth rarely seems the choice with a silver lining.

Thursday, April 20, 2006

 
Blogger N4R said...

The nursing dog excuse was whack. I would have told you to lock it up in the bath room and call it a night. What is the difference between cleaning it up when it happens for a few hours later. besides the smell...LOL

Sunday, April 23, 2006

 
Blogger K Kaos said...

Negro I know it was a wack excuse..lol..thankx for reminding me!

Sunday, April 23, 2006

 
Blogger admin said...

The dog excuse was a bit over the top, but still possible.

Friday, April 28, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home