A beautiful struggle with ONE's self

Thursday, March 30, 2006

Ya'll Memba Dat....

As much I try to say I'm not country, I am, and down here in Saint Louis it's country. "Memba" is how some people say "Remember". Like for example, your talking to your boys and go, "Yo, ya'll memba dat time when....." Well I was in the car the other day and I had a "Memba Dat" moment.

This song came on and it use to be my shit.I was in 7th or 8th grade when it came out. I had this song on cassette single and wore that tape out. I knew the whole dance routine to the video when it use to play on Video Soul. So let's see if ya'll Memba dis......




3 Comments:

Blogger Margaret said...

I am originally from St. Louis and currently live in Germany, I HAD to comment to say that St. Louis is the ONLY place that one says 'memba'. For the record, it's the only place that one says 'pacific' instead of specific, also.

Other things only found in St. Louis:

St. Paul sandwich
Duck and Noodles
Pork Steaks
Toasted Ravioli (CAN NOT find them in Italy)

Now I'm homesick!

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

 
Blogger Absolutelee said...

I 'memba that song, and I used ta really like it too. I think they are all brothers and have a crazy last name too. I havne't heard that song in a minute though.

Sunday, April 09, 2006

 
Blogger admin said...

Yes, I remember that song. And I know what grade I was in when it was popular. (I won't say the grade though.) I remember it because Tiffany used to sit in front of me in class and often she would sing. And I distinctly remember her singing "Candy Rain."

Friday, April 28, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home