A beautiful struggle with ONE's self

Monday, February 20, 2006

Chain Of Fools

Music- LoveFool by The Cardigans

I have often complained about being single and wanting to be in a relationship with someone. I didn’t think about this until recently, but maybe it’s a blessing in disguise that I am single at the moment. I look at some of my family and friends, and see how love has and is making a fool out of them. All the drama, lying, unanswered questions and feelings, and not to mention the cheating. I can honestly say right now, I’m happy that I am single and its not me dealing with all the possibilities of wrong that come with being a relationship. I refuse to be one of those people who are stuck on stupid and some of those people are my friends, but they drain me emotionally with all their daily bullshit. I have gotten to the point now, where I don’t want to hear what’s going in their relationships, because honestly I DON’T GIVE A DAMMMNNN!


I am seriously surrounded by fools, plagued with stupidity, and blinded by so-called love. A friendship of 13 years is in jeopardy, because my best friend has decided to enter the contest, for Simple Chick of the year. I never thought she would be one of those females who let a man play with her head and heart, but I have been proven wrong. I’m tired of hearing how depressed she is and how she doesn’t know what to do. One day she’s through with him and the next she is ignoring my phone calls, because she is with him and is too embarrassed to tell me.

My sister falls right into the ignorant, ghetto, baby-mama drama syndrome that plagues so many people. Her relationship with her boyfriend is equivalent to Ike Turner meets Shanehneh. It’s just drama on top of drama and she has brought my family nothing but embarrassment, since the first day she met her renaissance man, who happens to not only be a high school drop out, but a thief, drug dealer, and a boy-who-likes-boys. I don't know what it is, but for alot of chicks, if you don't have a criminal record, they are not interested. Last year on my block, my family broke the record for having the most number of police visits at our resident, all thanks to my sister and her boyfriend.

Love is a beautiful thing, but when it causes you to make an ass out of yourself, that’s when it turns ugly. I think sometimes people just refuse to see the truth, and just think maybe they are not doing what it takes to make the relationship work. I guess love really is blind on a lot of levels. I would love to fall in love, be in love, sleep in love, be love, be loved but, I WILL NOT BE ANYONE’S FOOL…EVER, I will leave that shit up to the fag hags, like Star Jones and Terry McMillan (You hoes know and knew, stop acting brand new!)

3 Comments:

Blogger admin said...

It takes a fool to learn that love don't love nobody!

Monday, February 20, 2006

 
Blogger That Dude Right There said...

Well all righty then!

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow a bit bitter but funny!

i am glad i am so cool with being single. the only thing i hate is sometimes waking up in the middle of the night longing for some male contact- but then the feeling passes. however, you never know, a great relationship could be in your future...



NOT! just kiddin'

Sunday, February 26, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home