A beautiful struggle with ONE's self

Friday, January 27, 2006

Gay It Forward: Old Dog, New Tricks

Idris Elba-33 years old


I remember being in 8th grade and having the biggest crush on my computer teacher Mr.Brown. He had to be at least in his early 30's at the time. He was about 6ft tall, brown eyes, skin the color of cocoa butter, and big feet.

There is just something about older men that I find very appealing and refreshing. I may be wrong about this, but it seems to me, it might be ("might be" being the operative phrase)easier to date an older man as opposed to a younger one. Let's be real, men in their twenties including myself are still searching and exploring, trying to figure out who they are and what they want out of life. By the time most men hit 30, they are pretty sure of who they are, or at least who they aren't. The mind games tend to stop, or at the least die slowly.......hmmmm..well I don't know if the games ever stop for anyone, but we can dream.

Right now, I really can't see myself dating someone younger than me. I'm only 23, but I look at dudes who are 21 and under as kids ( I know, like I'm so grown right). I am truly looking for that grown man sexy swagger. Young guys (18-21) are cute to look at, but that's where it stops.

Would you date someone 10 years older than you? What age is too old for you?

5 Comments:

Blogger That Dude Right There said...

Aaliyah said it best when she said that age ain't nothhing but a number. In my experience, it's not the age that really matters. You may find men in the 30s have more stability and know what they want, but still not have a clue on how to sustain a relationship or even date.

But on the other hand, the youngere cats seems oh so consumed with just being "in love" or having a "boyfriend."

The fellas my age (27.9) are at a point where we are about to give up on finding someone (until we get into our 30s).

Friday, January 27, 2006

 
Blogger Ms.Honey said...

Me being 23 I would date someone 33 but that would be my limit I couldn't see dating someone who is older than 35. At this point in my life I can't date too young or too old lol I'm at the midpoint.

Friday, January 27, 2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

when i was 29 i dated someone who was 11 years my senior. once i had a 40 year old, i could'nt and would never go back. sensual...............

Friday, January 27, 2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah dudes at 18-21 are just not mature. and the ones that are are with someone else. lol but i would date a dude in his late 20s. i'm only 21 and anything over 28 is too too old

Sunday, January 29, 2006

 
Blogger K Kaos said...

I think my cut off age would have to be 33, any older than that, would be like dating my Uncle Joe or something.

Monday, January 30, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home