A beautiful struggle with ONE's self

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Countdown To Get Down

I leave for New York this Thursday and a nigga can not wait to step on to the pavement in Queens. Queens is where we stayed at last time, but we moving on up, to Manhattan. I got so much shit to do before I leave, and I am the biggest procrastinator. I'm suppose to be doing laundry right now, but instead I'm writing this entry telling ya'll how I'm suppose to be doing laundry..lol. This is only my second time going to New York and I can truly say I Heart NY. I love the crowded streets, the great variety of sneakers (I'm a shoe person), the fact there is always something to do (How can you ever be bored in NYC?), and most of all I love the men there.

Some of the dudes I encountered in NY had some thick ass accents and used slang that sounded more foreign than Spanish to me, but I love them all the same. I don't know what it is, but the dudes there seem a lot bolder than the dudes in Saint Louis. I guess I just like the attention I get when I'm in NY and that in no way was meant to sound arrogant. One of the things I'm worried about is not having enough money to get all the things I want, but when is that not the case? My boss at work keeps dicking me and cutting my hours, so my last check before I leave for NY is going to be maaaddd skeet. Last time I ended up buying a lot of clothes and shoes, with less money than what I am taking this time, so I should be aight I guess. My friends and I have most of our activities already planned, but I'm trying to figure out, What's the one place I have to check out?

I feel a little guilty going out of town and spending all my money, when I have some important things I need to care of, like my fucking tooth. Apparently I have an impacted tooth. I have had it for a few years, but it was never a problem, until now. My fucking tooth keeps scraping the left side of my cheek, not a good feeling. I don't have dental insurance, so I will have to go to this cheap clinic, that I fucking hate. Everytime I go there, I feel like a corpse for medical students to practice on. Hearing the word "Oops" is not a word you want to hear when someone is drilling your mouth.

3 Comments:

Blogger That Dude Right There said...

You may have fun in NYC, but you will not have as much as I did! Now share that?

But on the real, you need to check out Dallas Barbeque on 72nd between 2nd and 3rd. My crew and I got f-ed up on barbeque, martinis and margaritas there!!!!!!!

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

 
Blogger Unknown said...

I hope that you enjoy your trip to NYC, its one hell of a place. I was there about a year ago. Sad to say but it got St. Louis by a mile, still the Lou is the Lou and I love it also. Check out my Black Gay Poetry blog at blackgaypoetry.blogspot and check out the archive for the more funnkyer poems. Peace be with you.

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

 
Blogger Waddie G. said...

have fun in the NYC!!!

Friday, April 28, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home