A beautiful struggle with ONE's self

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Grace Replaced

I have come to the conclusion a friendship of almost 20 years has reached its course. The friendship in question is the one with my very own Grace Adler, my best friend since second grade. She really is or was the Grace to my Will. I have spoken about her before and we are still growing further apart. This is mostly due to the fact that she has a boyfriend now whom she feels she has to spend every second of the day with. The phone calls have stopped, the emails have become less frequent, I haven't seen her in about a month and she lives less than 10 minutes away from me. I can't even remember the last time we did anything together, which had to be almost 3 or more months ago. I feel like the only time she calls me is when she is having problems with her boyfriend, whom I give less than two shits about. She has become so selfish lately. What really did it for me was a couple of months ago, when she invited me to lunch and never showed up. No call, no apology. I had to call her only to find out she was at the fucking barbershop with her boyfriend.

I swear the two of them together equals true annoyance. The few times I have hung out with them, every word they exchange with one another starts with "Babe". "Babe" where's my CD? "Babe" have u seen my lipgloss? It's truly sickening. What's even more sickening is that this dude she is with has soooo much baggage. He is a married man, although he is separated, but still married none the less, and if that's not bad enough, he has a baby on the way with another girl, whom he impregnated when he was dating my friend. Good Golly Fuck, how stupid can a person be? I have lost so much respect for her as a person and as a friend. She acts like she can't fucking breathe without being in his presence. I have been basically passed over for Grade A DICK, that's all it can be. Why else would person put up with so much shit. Whenever I ask for anything, it's always an excuse. "I'm helping him make this demo." "I'm at the studio." I forgot to mention her beloved is a producer/rapper/singer, WHO THE FUCK ISN'T?! Especially in Saint Louis. I have had to bite my tongue so many times, to hold back from saying YOU ARE NOT KIMORA & RUSSELL, you are not even BOBBY & WHITNEY on ur good day!!!!

Let the truth be told, I am not jealous, I repeat, I AM NOT JEALOUS. I would be happy for her, if there was a reason to be happy.I have just come to accept the fact that my friendship with my GRACE, my best friend, might be coming to a close, either way things aren't the same and may never be the same again. We are only friends when its convenient or when he breaks up with her. My circle of true friends becomes smaller every day it seems. I would be lying if I said that shit didn't suck, because it does. I just really don't understand what is so hard about maintaining a relationship and a friendship? Can't a person have both? What is it about being in a relationship, that makes one say fuck my friends, I don't need them?

5 Comments:

Blogger lj said...

I hate when people get somebody and forget about the other people in their lives.
Don't cut her off though. She may really need a friend one day.

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

 
Blogger 4GOTTEN1 said...

I don't think it's over at least not yet. Just think of this as a test for your friendship we all have them. Friendship like family and marriage is supposed to be through thick or thin, for better or worse and all that other shit. Maybe she is being stupid and selfish but your job as her friend is to call her on her shit. Plus you are seeing something she isn't seeing in her man. Believe it or not Love is blind and i'm a witness to that one myself. Call her ass out or all the shit she is doing and then give her sometime and she will probably understand it all. 20yrs is a hell of a lot of time to invest in something and just throw it all away. Don't let her or yourself make that mistake.

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

 
Blogger gee said...

i understand exactly how you feel! but do let her know how you feel before making any decisions.

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

 
Blogger That Dude Right There said...

From what you have told me about her, I say let go. But just wait a few months and she will be back. She just needs the kind of attention that you can't give her right now. She'll be back.

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

 
Blogger ShawnQt said...

WOW, U LET IT OUT HUH! I BEEN THROUGH THE SAME WITH MY PREVIOUS, GRACE... SHE'S MARRIED WITH 3 KIDS AND A BORN AGAIN CHRISTIAN... CAN'T FIGHT THAT!

SIGH.

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home